Before you embark to buy the best Laguiole knife from retail shops or online stores, you need to know more about this knife, its origin and the best possible ways to buy the knife set. Often buyers have a lot of queries regarding the knife.
Few common questions and their answers that help in buying the valuable knife:
- Is Laguiole a cutlery brand?
- No, it is actually a type of pocket knife specially created by craftsmen living in the village Laguiole in France.
- How to identify the authenticity of this fabulous knife?
- As there are many makers making the replica of original Laguiole kind of knife abd selling their products in the market, it is hard to find the genuine one. However, by reading the guidelines from the world-renowned knife makers, you can pick the right knife.
In the present market, you will be able to make choices from multiple kinds of Laguiole knives. All beautifully made to lure customers, thus to choose the best among them will be little difficult for a shopper. It will be helpful to be armed with friendly suggestions of popular knives maker to know the right ways to adapt while choosing Laguiole knives.
Here are the guidelines:
- Try to know the place where the knife is made. Earlier it was made in a small village in France, however now this kind of knife is made in Asia as well as in other countries. If you want the original version of the knife, then pick the ones made in Laguiole village of France.
- Consider the material used to make the knife. Materials used by the craftsmen originally are quite durable and classic to look at. The handles were usually made of high-quality wood, ivory and silver material. The blades are made of exclusive strong steel, the thicker the metal is the durability will be enhanced, thus don’t buy a knife that is not thick. The materials are chosen in accordance to create exclusive knives and to maintain its lifespan for long years to come.
- Its cost – This kind of knife isn’t available at a cheap price in the market as they are made of superior quality material and moreover not machine-made knives. Hence, they are manually made by single person showing their talent in making unique knives, the cost is really high. It is a fact that the cost depends upon the popularity of the knife maker in the global market.
In early decades before 80s the knives were scarce as they were made only in the small village of France. Later in the 80s, a Company in the same name of the knife started employing local artists of the village to make these fabulously crafted knives. Thus, it will be an easy way to own such genuine Laguiole knives by logging into the Company website, choose the knife you like, order, and have it shipped to your address.
With these buying guidelines you can any time buy the fabulous knives lovingly known as Laguiole knives.